Wednesday, November 17, 2010

The Holidays!

I cannot believe how close Christmas and Thanksgiving are. And even closer than that.....Autumn's birthday! A party this Saturday with close family and friends and presents coming out her ears at our house. My baby girl is going to be three years old soon! There just are not words to describe it. Having her at seventeen, going to school, working, raising a baby and keeping a relationship alive got so hectic time slipped away from me. But I took a step back the other day and listened to some wise words of wisdom from my wonderful brother. He told me to just love and make room for nothing else and that life would be what I want it to be, that it really already is but I need to take a breath and live and love to see it.

So I did just that and this is what I found......

My baby girl is going to be three soon. She loves the ABC's song and Twinkle Twinkle Little Star. She loves watching Dora and Diego on T.V. because she then goes on adventures just like they do. Her favorite color is pink and she remembers mine is purple and she points out my favorite color to me on everything to make me smile, she lives to impress and perform. Dancing around the house and making up songs and then singing them to stuffed animal audiences. She is independent and likes to get her own drink and snack from the fridge. She loves rainbows and loves to color and draw her family and She fills up the fridge with masterpieces, she is deathly afraid of spiders, the give her the willies. When she cries, my whole world feels like its crashing down and when she laughs, there is no way to hide the smile it brings, she loves to talk and be friendly, in fact she talks so much she even does it in her sleep. She wants to help, she wants to learn and she wants so bad to just love and have fun......

My husband is the best. We dont have a lot, and I think that sometimes wears on him, as though he is not giving his family the best. However he goes to work every night and on days I have school stays up with Autumn so that I can achieve my dream. He works so hard and never complains about just how much he does. He loves to tinker, he loves to fix things and he is so creative and imaginative that it blows my mind with the inventions and thoughts he comes up with. He gives us everything we need though. Autumn and I have a place we call home, we have warm winter nights cuddled together, food on the table and love in the home and thats all we need to be happy. He does more than he realizes and he loves that little girl of his more than life itself. She has him wrapped around her finger, never has there been a more perfect duo. And as for him and I, its amazing that in such a small town I never had to venture out to find my soul mate, because that is what he is to me. I never am bored with him, I leave the house knowing when I come home he is there. I love when he embraces me because he is so warm and so full of love, it just sends me spiraling.

I am glad I listened to my brother. He knew what he was talking about, I just needed to step back and look at the whole picture. I am glad I did, the smallest details mean so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment