Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Where Is October???

Oh my goodness where did October go? This is crazy and now we are almost halfway through with November and I have been severely slacking on this thing! To catch up Halloween went amazingly. Autumn was the cutest little kitty and had the cutest home-made costume (which was also my very first attempt at being a crafty mom......I LOVED it!). It was the easiest thing to make as well. All I did was buy black sweat pants and a black turtleneck long-sleeve shirt for her and the rest came easy. The "ingredients" for this were tulle, felt, ribbon, scissors, hot glue, a wire hanger, and a hair band. Like I said....easy..... and she looked so darn cute.
On the Friday before Halloween, downtown Evanston Merchants host an annual trick or treat event where all the kids get to dress up and trick or treat at all the downtown shops and Court house. It is fun and safer for the youger kids and a chance to dress up one more day for the celebration. Autumn cleaned house on that and the downtown area had quite a turnout for how small a town we have here. Then that night we came home and carved our Halloween pumpkins. Autumn had a blast "knocking the pumpkins brains out!" She also enjoyed after the fact that we had cut out the face and the pieces would fit back in just like puzzle pieces.











Daddy's Pumpkin...Scary!

This year I got all into the Fall spirit....It is after all my favorite time of year.....and decorated my front porch to portray my joy. I thought it turned out rather well and I had alot of fun with it.



So then on Saturday the Neely family traveled down to Salt Lake City to visit family and trick or treat down there where we would be a bit warmer for the wear. We met up with my sister Stephanie and my sister Dawnene and her two adorable little girls. They were dressed as a devil and a cowgirl. Well low and behold when we arrived, after the glorious day we had had before, it was gloomy and wet. But that did not stop this clan. We visited Grandma and Grandpa and took Halloween pictures and then set out on our trek.





We visited the South Valley mall where we tricked and we treated until the bags handles were threatening to break off. Autumn saw so many interesting characters along with her favorite princesses. I believe she left a piece of her heart with them.


Stephanie was also a center of attention dressed as the Red Queen and might I say it was the best costume of her I had ever seen, definitely authentic looking.


 After the mall it was pouring cats and dogs. We attempted to trick or treat around the neighborhood, but if rain could ever be more wet than usual, this day was the day that it chose to be so. So the Neely clan went back to the Miller residence, got bathed, dried and changed and then settled down for dinner and movies and coloring. All in all a night to remember!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment